How to Add Team Members
Tasklite makes team communication easy. When you add members to a project in Tasklite, you’ll be creating a unified team that can work together and keep track of a project’s status by simply looking at the Tasklite Dashboard. As a project manager, you’ll also be able to track what everyone’s doing, deadlines, costs and more. As a team member, you’ll be able to see what tasks are assigned to you and to other team members, when they’re due, files, notes, and more.
Tasklite lets you add as many team members as you need to a project, and you can also control what parts of a project they can see, and what parts of a project they can change.
Let’s start building your team:
- On the toolbar, click on “Users.”
- On the Add Users page, click on the Add Users button.
- Enter the User’s email address, and click Next.
- Fill in their first and last name, and assign the user a password. Click Add. Now they’re added to your users’ list.
- To add the new user to groups, click on Edit Groups for each person you want to add to a group.
- You’ll see the categories Manager and Users in the Groups menu, which are the two default categories. You can also add your own. Managers have full access to projects, and Users have more limited access, depending on to what and at what level they’re given permission.
- Choose the group, click the Add button, and close the window by clicking on the X in the upper right corner.
- Want to remove a User from a group? Just click on the X next to Groups.
- Next, you’ll want to select the level of permissions for your new user.
- When you click on System Settings on the upper right of your dashboard, you’ll be taken to the System Settings page. Go to Groups, and click on Change.
- Now you’re at the Manage Groups page, where you can add new groups and select access levels for each User. You can’t change the permissions for Managers—those are set by default. Click on Users and then you’ll be able to set the level of access by clicking on the radio buttons. Don’t want a User to see a project component? Select No Access. Want a User to see but not have the ability to change a project component? Select View. Want a User to have the full shebang? Select Edit.
- Want to add Users to a group? Down at the bottom of the page, you’ll see the Members section. Simply head to the dropdown Users box, choose a User name, and click Add.
Now you’re ready for some team work. Go, team!